So many things to be thankful for this holiday season. Yesterday, we spent Christmas at my in laws house, because my sister in law’s family is here for a vacation (they are based in Singapore). Here’s why this year is extra special to me.
1. I was there physically and mentally! Haha. I know its been two years since I graduated from residency but last year I was still woozy with the new baby so this is the first normal Christmas in a long time!
2. I cooked noche buena. Tall order for me! By husband’s request, I cooked baked mussels with cheese, cream dory with salsa and roasted rosemary chicken wings.
3. My father in law bought a mini pool for the kids and it was a joy to hear laughter and splashes coming from the backyard.
4. During his afternoon nap, the baby cried and fell asleep again but this time on my chest. Kids can do the sweetest things.
5. Before going to bed, Matteo asked me to pick him up, kissed me goodnight, then went to sleep. Motherhood rocks!
God bless everyone and happy holidays!